Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Could We Get A Joke In Here, Please

Not making fun of anyone here, just sharing in the simple pleasure of a good chuckle. And we sure can use one of those around here. Daisy shares some of her stories "from the field." Thanks for the distraction, Daisy!

*One of my autistic students was in trouble and was sent into the hallway for 2 minutes after smarting off several times. After the 2 minutes I went to talk to him. Normally if you mention something about hurting your feelings he feels really bad and apologizes. Below is the dialogue between teacher "t" and student "s".

t: "If you're ready to behave like a 6th grader you may come back in."
s: "I'm sorry I got mad at you."
t: "It's not nice to yell at me."
s: "Well, it's not nice that you make me do my math."
t: "Sometimes we have to do things we don't like to do. It really hurt my feelings when you yelled at me."
s: "I'm sorry your feelings got involved."

yep - that was a 6th grader - sounds like something a typical guy says!

*The same student (on a different day) held his calculator to his mouth and started whispering. I tried to nonchalantly get closer so I could overhear what he was saying. "Breaker breaker, over and out. . . breaker breaker, do you copy? over and out . . . " He then started to look around the room to see if anyone was watching him. He then started yelling (into his calculator), "SECURITY - SECURITY - there's a fire in the room. SECURITY!" I then acted really stunned asking where the fire is located and he told me it was just a joke. I told him fires aren't something to joke about and he put the calculator back up to his mouth and said "SECURITY - SECURITY - could we get a joke in here?"



For me it's a laugh, for some of you just a chuckle. I guess maybe you just have to work "in the field" to really get it. Cmon, could we get a joke in here?!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home