Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Unfailing Love

"When those who represent the unconditional love of God start laying down conditions for acceptance, love and understanding, where are the rest of us going to go? We need to come alongside each other and help -- no questions asked -- not run our spiritual Geiger counters up and down everybody's faith. " ~ John Fischer

There's a fine line between rebuking/redirecting/holding accountable and abandoning or shunning someone. Or even just disregarding them/their thoughts and feelings. Dismissing them. We must be careful not to exclude others or separate ourselves from others.

There's more, but I can't get it into words right now. It's just something to ponder. And pray about. Wait, I have a few words.

DiAn: You are right. It's a lie, IMO. I do not believe that God turns His back on you because you once willfully turned your back on Him. You have repented. You have made the wrong right. He is your heavenly Father and He is standing right there beside you. I question some scripture--not the validity--but my understanding of it on some of this and have discussed it recently with some others. I still don't have a
good grasp, but I must have faith that because I KNOW my Father, my God, my Savior, that He truly does know me and my heart. He won't turn His back on me. He is Almighty, He is Omnipotent, He is Sovereign. He is not like me. He is not human or unfaithful. He won't turn His back on us. Why? Here you go, DiAn. Because of Jesus. Because Jesus paid the price for us. Jesus is our arbitrator! We talk about the Old Testament wrath of God and the punishment and God speaking to His people. So scary and so hard to fathom that the God we love could possibly ever love us. He sent Jesus so we would never again have to doubt that there IS a way, a truth, a light. We have that hope.




More later. It's the Hebrews stuff I need to address. In the meantime, anybody else have any thoughts?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is AMEN!!!
Especially after my letter to myself that you read over lunch.
It is amazing how our thoughts coincided at literally the same day and time.
Thank you dear God in Heaven!!!
DiAn

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 4:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home