Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Assurance of Justification

Stained and dirty in the eyes of a king
Tattered and tarnished, will I ever be clean?

But He is spotless and holy
And I could never compare
In the sinful garments I wear

But Jesus stepped between the Father and me
Now the way that He sees His Son,
I’m justified, oh it’s just as I had never
No never, sinned before
I’m justified, because Jesus died
And now God will see my sins no more
Oh I’m justified

Crimes committed and the verdict, guilty as charged
And the final judgment is eternal separation from God
Oh but Jesus stepped between the Father and me
I am pardoned ‘cause he took my guilty plea

I’m justified, oh it’s just as I had never
No never sinned before
I’m justified, because Jesus died
And now God will see my sins no more
Oh I’m justified

~ Justified, According to John A2J

To listen, click on the link above then click on the B2 button at the bottom of the jukebox.

This song has always brought me peace, even if fleeting. There's just something about feeling justified, that makes me also feel way too bold.

I was reading scripture earlier about being justified. The word itself just makes me feel like I might come across to a non-Christian as being too haughty. I fear misinterpretation. It does seem that if we are too sure of ourselves that we are arrogant. I just have to stress that I am justified through Christ. But it's not just me, it's every single one of us who can have that blessed assurance.

Assurance. See, I am sure. That Jesus is mine. Heir of salvation, purchase of God, born of His Spirit, washed in His blood. How could I ever not be sure? I am sure of Him, I am not sure of myself. THAT'S the way it's suppose to be. I cannot rely on myself. We must rely on Jesus' sacrifice and God's grace.

That's all I can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home