Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Really Random Stuff

~ My kerosene heater caught fire last night. Thankfully that was it. Black smoke everywhere. Even the towels that were drying in dryer are all gray today. Blech.

~ I gained 2 lbs. I’m up to 102 today...to whom it may concern.

~ Nobody has breakfast at Tiffany’s and nobody has affairs to remember, according to Carrie.

~ I think my medicine has stopped working.

~ My Christmas tree is still up and, yes, I turn on the lights every night.

~ I wish I’d never told my ugly little secret.

~ James Blunt was on Austin City Limits a couple weekends ago. Acoustic guitar and piano. I like. He’s whiny though. Not good for my attitude. Dixie Chicks this past weekend. Also not good for my attitude, but in a different way.

~ I can’t watch Food Network, CMT videos, American Idol, or Dirty Jobs. Makes me sad. I'm weird like that.

~ Dierks Bentley cut off his curls.

~ "Love--to be real--it must cost, it must hurt, it must empty us of self." -- Mother Teresa

~ The Office of Dunder Mifflin has the same Cisco Systems phones that we have at JMS.

~ Get Fit 2007, the JMS-originated staff wellness program, has gone GJCS corp wide. Big competition. I am not a competitor. I was eating healthy and exercising until this started. Now, not so much. I am a rebel. Everyone is forced to be on a team. My 29 pts for the first wk of Jan looked way silly next to receptionist Jill’s 257. I don’t care. Last week I had 32. I still don’t care. I don’t even wanna play.

~ On a show I watched the other night, someone was sued for “intentional infliction of emotional distress.”

~ Mercury Milan. Yeah. And those $40,000 Ford F-150 trucks. I'm just saying.

~ I've always owned/driven a Ford or Mercury until I got this Toyota. I like my Camry.

~ Alisa fell down the stairs and hurt her ankle and elbow.

~ Yay for the Earned Income Credit!

~ Ford Edge commercial's music is good. "I like to live on the edge..." Many vehicle commercials have good music.

~ My hot water heater is really complaining. Loudly. If it goes out, I guess I'm suppose to turn the gas off or something? Hmm. Guess I should be finding out since it looks like I really am going let it go until it GOES.

~ Completing the FAFSA online is such a welcome improvement over the old days. And now there's a renewal option. If your college student submitted a financial aid form last year, you don't have to start from scratch this year. Modern technology is good when it works (and when those optimizing its benefits think smart).

~ The IDOE is data rich and information poor IMO. I don't think they quite optimize the benefits of modern technology.

~ JMS Science Fair today. Mrs. Flack does not have on her white lab coat. First time in 30+ years. She says it's too hot in this building. I'm freezing...got my space heater going.

~ It was more real than anything. Still is.

Enough jabbering for now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have Breakfast at Tiffany's



But it's on DVD and not a real thing. ;-)

— jDR

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Distractions for Daisy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I deleted my previous comment - disregard your email. : )
I like random! Random is fun! sorry about your heater!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home