Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Reminiscing: William Faulkner

I read "As I Lay Dying" in jr high school. I'll think I'll put it on my list of things to read (or read again) this summer. And I'll fondly remember Mr. Anderson, my 8th grade English teacher. "Dive on out!"

I just read and was reminded of Faulkner's "stream of consciousness" writing. That is SOOOOOO me.

"Stream of consciousness is a literary technique which seeks to portray an individual's point of view by giving the written equivalent of the character's thought processes, either in a loose internal interior monologue, or in connection to his or her sensory reactions to external ocurrences." From Wikipedia


And is that ever soooooo blogging!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

I've been to that guy's house in Miss. He used to write on the walls.

Saturday, June 02, 2007 6:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home