Thursday, December 14, 2006

Saved, But Lost

Reading over my posts here and knowing me like I do with all the ups and downs :) , I can see where some might be thinking I'm a hypocrite. If the joy of the Lord is my strength, and it is; and through Christ all things are possible, and they are; and I truly believe there is God-planned purpose for me, and I do; then why all the glum, sad, negative whining here?

I don't know. Good question.

I'm not a faker. Things are not always good. God blessed me with this outlet, maybe (my blog). However, I don't want to mislead anyone. I'm not anywhere near perfect or good enough. I'm big-time flawed. I'm human. Being a Christian doesn't make everything easy, but it does give us hope. I can wallow and know that in the end, I win. We win.

My heart knows the joy of the Lord and the possibilities through Christ. Those are eternal. My heart cannot fake what is not eternal. I don't like feeling that I am just going through the motions with everyday human emotions and happenings, but sometimes I do have to rely on all my blessings, whether it be friends, songs, quotes, whatever...to get me through the daggone long heart-wrenching day.

"All that is not eternal is eternally useless." ~C S Lewis
I get it. I believe it. But I mess it up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, I was having this similar discussion last night with the lovely SPR. Mine had a lot to do with being so immerssed in the language of it all that I often feel like I don't have the real thing.

— JDR

Friday, December 15, 2006 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

jDR ~ When I started writing this, I remembered a discussion that you and I had last spring. Went back and re-read the emails and that's what gave me the title of this post. And I was reminded of "A Long Obedience in the Same Direction." Is that a book or title from a podcast?

SPR is lovely!

Friday, December 15, 2006 2:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home