Friday, December 01, 2006

Worth Repeating

From: http://ccjasper.blogspot.com/2006/06/untitled.html


I'll be your mirror, reflect what you are
in case you don't know I'll be the wind,
the rain, and the sunset, the light on your door
to show that you're home
'Cause when you think the night has seen your mind
and inside you're twisted and unkind
Let me stand to show that you are blind
Please put down your hand, 'cause I see you

I find it hard to believe you don't know
the beauty you are, but if you don't
let me be your eyes, a hand to your darkness
so you won't feel afraid
'Cause when you think the night has seen your mind
and inside you're twisted and unkind
let me stand to show that you are blind
Please put down your hand, 'cause I see you

I'll be your mirror, reflect what you are

~Clem Snide (Don’t know if this group is the original artist or
writer, but it’s their version that I’ve heard and can’t get out of my
mind.)


When you lose sight of yourself, when you feel like you’re flitting in the wind, God is right there to remind you who you are, to give you stability and to ground you. Sometimes the grounding is a welcome comfort--security. Sometimes it might be like clipping your wings, and you feel a little frustrated that you can’t just do whatever you want to do. We have to remember that we were created by God for God. He knows us. No matter how hard we might try to hide parts of ourselves from Him, He sees us. He sees the hurt and the bad, he sees the good and the joy. He can bless, he can heal, and he can reprimand. In any case, He can make things right. We have to be willing to acknowledge Him, and make life-changing commitments and sacrifices.

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about God’s will for my life--the plans He has for me that I just can’t figure out right now. Something I read recently reminded me that if I am asking God for direction, but feel like I’m not getting answers or guidance, it could be that I don’t truly have Him in first place in my life. He’s right there, but I’m so caught up in my own stuff that I can’t connect with Him. I keep Him at a distance. I don’t intentionally push Him away, but I don’t intentionally acknowledge him in all ways.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

In ALL my ways. Everything. That’s something I need to work on. I’m glad God knows me and sees me. Even though he sees the ugly parts that disappoint Him, I’m still glad that I can’t hide from Him. There’s no need for me to have to try to explain myself or walk on eggshells. He gets me. He loves me anyway. And He won’t give up on me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

I slept through Sufjan Stevens' "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and woke up to this song on my cd-alarm-stereo-thingy this morning.

It's a nice little song, isn't it?

Monday, December 04, 2006 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Way nice. Thanks for sharing it with me.

Monday, December 04, 2006 11:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home