Monday, December 11, 2006

What If I'd Never Met You?

Yeah…you.

~ I wouldn’t have all these birthday surprises and now not know what to do with them.

~ I might never have heard the “men-do-and-be” concept. You and your insight!

~ I’d never have become adequately proficient on the piano/keyboard and learned to play by guitar chords!

~ I’d not have met Todd and Sam. Nor would I have thrown Barbie dolls in the front yard!

~ I might not have a Game Plan for rolling with the punches.

~ I’d more than likely not have made a best friend and lost the same best friend within a year.

~ I would NEVER have broken and entered! And in the windy, downpouring rain to boot!

~ I'd never have been in a gang. Or a band.

~ I’d probably have had a meltdown Labor Day weekend. (Oh wait, I did anyway, didn’t I!)

~ I would not have had a meltdown Labor Day weekend.

~ I’d not have dug through the McDonald’s toy freebies bin at St Vincent DePaul and Goodwill!

~ I’d not have a best friend this very day that I trust with my life—with my child’s life even.

~ I’d not have understood what you say about stars splitting and coming back together.

~ I'd have thought I was the only weird-in-a-good-way freak out there.

~ I would have forgotten that it really is my job to fight ignorance.

~ I’d weigh 123 instead of 103.

~ I’d have been really annoyed by the tennis ball call from the wall.

~ I would have died in your basement bedroom. Most certainly. God and you, what a team.

~ I would never have touched anyone else’s feet, other than my child’s. Ever.

~ I doubt I would ever have heard of Clem Snide. Or met another adult who likes Hanson.

~ I wouldn't have missed missing the Steelers beat the Browns.

~ I wouldn't have forgotten to record Little Big Town on Crossroads.

~ I might not have listened to hours of metal music Sat night/Sun morning. And I did that for why?! Oh yeah, good company.

~ I would never have known a superhero, nor been one.


Golly, such significance in a bunch of words. Meaningless events to most of you, but if you recognize yourself in one, you might understand the turning point. And maybe not. I do anyway. And this is my space.

7 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

What if I never met you? Me, you. Got any of your own to add here? You can be anonymous and that'll add to the game--I can guess! (Okay, so email me, you blog-scaredy cats. :)

Monday, December 11, 2006 7:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rain pelting at our faces-- And you said you can't run!!

JAS

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 10:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-- I wouldn't have learned a lot of things about myself and learned to be OK with them.
JDR

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 10:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2.) I wouldn't have someone that I trusted so completely with my children.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 10:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . I wouldn't have someone who completely understands how hard it is to "just say no". Even if the water is perfect, but you know in the end it will burn.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

JAS - Yeah, I can! But I'm not a runner! I'm tellin ya.

JDR - You are A-OK in my book. I need to be okay with myself again, too. You've now got me thinking about that.

2) Loving someone else's children like they are your own is an unexpected blessing.

daisy - Those darn bubbles! So misleading and deceiving. As JDR once told me so simply, but with more impact than he realized...right is right. I keep telling myself that. But you are correct, I understand how difficult that is! Say no and mean it.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 3:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I recognize some of these but others seem to have an interesting story to it.
And this Diann Hanes sounds interesting but suspicious!
FD

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home