Monday, November 19, 2007

Helping Those Who Cannot Help Themselves

Christian Church of Jasper just concluded a fundraising effort to help build an orphanage in Haiti. The 99 Days Project began August 12 and ended November 18. (You can read more about the project at CCJ's website and blog--both linked in this post--and also, in the November 17 issue of The Herald. During that time, groups and individuals within CCJ came up with creative ways to raise money to contribute to the project. At the celebration service yesterday the total neared $40,000.00! Associate Pastor, Mark Messmore, put together a touching video closing the project. Go here and watch the video at the "99 Days Closing..." post.


What do you want your world to be?

World ~ Five For Fighting

5 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Here's a distraction for you Eyeleen! It's a good one.

Monday, November 19, 2007 3:28:00 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

And we'll put that auto-Dec 4 thing you mentioned on the Veteran's Day comment right down there under the FREAKIN'WEIRD category! It's all a part of my being haunted, I'm tellin you. What's the deal??!!

Then again, I think maybe I should just post all of those Grey's quotes that I've been saving up since the last time I posted them. Maybe you auto'd there needing a GA fix! I'll get on that.

Monday, November 19, 2007 3:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAIT JUST A MINUTE!!! Wasn't I supposed to get a copy of a CD you were making for this? ? ? ?
I'd love for you to get on the GA quotes! Especially the new ones. Thanks!!!
-Eyeleen

Monday, November 19, 2007 6:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just watched the video - LOVED IT!
-Eyeleen

Monday, November 19, 2007 7:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry E - I'll see if I can get one for you.
~A

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home