Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Eagles Are Screaming...I would be, too.

Moved my baby girl to Evansville on my birthday. Happy birthday to me. [sarcastically] Even though I didn't see her much this summer, I really miss her when she's away-away.

It was harder for me to leave her in Evansville this year than it was to leave her in Bloomington her first year, last year. I've just never been a big fan of the city of Evansville. And, well, USI is no IU, that's for sure. Sorry to anyone who might be offended, but first impressions mean alot. I'm sure it's a great school and that she'll get a good education, but there's alot to be said for a welcoming campus atmosphere. I'm not one that likes to be catered to--not at all--but, it was nice last year at IU to have the campus all a buzz with excited students and friendly helpful campus employees with clear directions and instructions.

At USI, people just didn't seem happy to be there or to be assisting a new transfer student. Didn't really seem to give a hoot. Weren't rude or anything, just ho-hum. Indiana University definitely makes their students feel welcome and like they are there specifically to help Joe Student and that they are sincerely happy that Joe chose IU.

Well, it was just different, that's all. As long Alisa is happy there, that's what counts. I pray she's safe. Eville...ick. Maybe I'll warm up to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

hope you had a good birthday. I had no idea. :-(

Your title is clever.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 9:26:00 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Thanks! No biggy - just significant because it's been college move-in day two years in a row.

I missed Jim's bday a couple of weeks ago. Did you?

Sunday, August 26, 2007 9:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home